CSA season is just around the corner and that means you might find yourself with more kale than you know what to do with. Well I've got the just the recipe for you that was inspired by a trip to Trader Joe's where a new product has arrived -- MISO!
Josh and I lo-ooo-ve miso. We put it on fish and it's just delightfully salty and flavorful. Usually we get it in a huge chunk from our local Asian grocery, but now that we have a baby, it's best not to add another store to the list. So thanks TJs for always having something new in store for us and making life just a tad bit easier.
- 6 cups of kale, washed and torn
- 1/2 cup of craisins
- 1/2 cup of almonds (either chopped, slivered, or sliced)
- 1/2 tablespoon of toasted sesame seeds
- 2 scallions sliced
- 1 rounded tablespoon of miso (white or yellow)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- several good shakes of garlic powder and ginger powder (mmmm maybe 1/8 tsp each? ugh I really need to measure for you!)
- 2 tbs (plus a little more) of sesame oil
- 2 tbs of another oil like canola, grapeseed, or peanut
- 2 tbs greek yogurt
- dash of sugar
- dash of white pepper
Whisk all of the dressing ingredients together and taste for modifications. Especially since I'm terrible at measuring for you (again, so sorry!).
Place kale, craisins, scallions, and almonds in a bowl and toss with the dressing. Then add sesame seeds and toss again.
You can let it sit for 30 minutes in your fridge to marinate the kale a little or just devour.